Problem : svn: warning: Working copy ‘xxx’ locked
Solution : Run a svn cleanup. If that fails..
1. Get a svn diff of local modifications to a patch.
svn diff > patch.diff
2. Delete folder containing locked resource path from the file system. Do not use svn delete.
3. Run a svn update
4. Apply local modifications to working copy.
patch -p0 -i patch.diff
Problem : svn: warning: ‘xxx’ is already a working copy for a different URL after adding a svn:external
Solution : In this case you might have done a mistake in setting the external. An external property to download an already existing folder will cause this error. If this is the case..
1. Remove the svn external
* svn propedit svn:externals
* Remove external definition in the editor and save it.
* Do a svn update
* Now commit
2. Delete folder from svn and file system
rm -rf <folder-having-svn-external>
3. Set new external. This time without the folder. For example.
svn propset svn:externals ‘conf http://sample.org/trunk’ .
This time since there is no existing ‘conf ‘ folder it will not conflict with the external.